Software Development Project Lead, Agile Development
Zing is focused on delivering projects using the amazing technology stack from Twilio. If you haven’t heard of them…you will soon. Twilio are fundamentally disrupting the communications industry, providing APIs for managing any type of communication; Voice, Video, SMS and email. Any time you speak to an Uber driver, talk to an M&S Call Centre or receive a message from Netflix, that’s all powered by Twilio.
Zing are Twilio’s only 100% dedicated consulting partner. And now we’re looking for Project Leads to help grow the business even faster.
Successful applicants will already have a track record in leading agile development teams, or you’ll be looking to make this the next step in their career development. You’ll join a team of amazing developers and will be working with our customers almost immediately. Importantly, you’ll need to share our values:
- Energetic: We’re energetic, enthusiastic, lively and always on the move. We bring this energy to everything that we do;
- Inquisitive: Driven to learn. We’re fascinated by the process of discovery and how to unlock value;
- Relentless: We’re restless and continually question the perceived norm. Our customers want a development partner to help them disrupt and challenge their markets;
- Results-Focused: We’re all about delivering results and that means getting the right balance between ambition and pragmatism.
Right now the role will be home-based but we believe that nothing beats face to face collaboration so when the time is right you’ll need to able to spend 1 to 2 days per week at our offices in Stokenchurch or West London.
What You'll Be Doing
- Project Leadership – Our projects range from one person working on a tactical piece of work for a customer for a week, to a team of up 8-10 on much longer term engagements. As Project Lead you will be liasing directly with our customers as we develop cloud-based contact centres and Twilio-based applications.
- Twilio Development – Using TypeScript with the React and Vue.js libraries to create components which will be used in applications for both our clients and internally. You’ll also be developing backend APIs for these applications to interact with, primarily using Microsoft .NET and the C# language.
- Software Development – Using TypeScript with the React and Vue.js libraries to create components which will be used in applications for both our clients and internally. You’ll also be developing backend APIs for these applications to interact with, primarily using Microsoft .NET and the C# language.
- Cloud Services – We write software designed to be deployed and hosted on the cloud. Microsoft Azure is our cloud provider of choice, however we do also make use of services from other cloud providers, such as AWS, from time to time. A full solution can be made up of several different cloud services, from Web Apps to host APIs, Service Bus to decouple tasks, Functions to run schedule tasks, the list goes on. As part of your role, you’ll be involved in using these cloud services to build software that can scale to meet clients demands.
- Continuous Integration – We use Git as our source control system and develop CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Azure DevOps to automate our build and deployment processes. You’ll write unit tests for your code, both frontend and backend, that can run as part of these build pipelines.
- Agile Development – We use Scrum and Agile Development to deliver bespoke solutions around the Twilio Stack for our customers. You’ll be an active member of the development team, working with colleagues, customers and partners.
- Built to Build – We love building solutions, fast. We do it for our customers and the team often participate in development hacks, aimed at solving problems or delivering value within tight time frames.
What we’re looking for
- A track-record of Project Leadership or a desire to take-on this challenge
- A passion for software development
- Have knowledge of the following technologies for backend/API development: such as .NET Core, ASP.NET, C#, Node, Express. SQL using databases such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or MySQL. NoSQL databases such as CosmosDB, MongoDB, Redis, CouchDB.
- Any experience with the following technologies would be great but not required: Twilio, TypeScript, Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code, HTTPS protocols and IIS
NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITERS